Golden Chariot is a luxury tourist train covering the southern states of India.It offers accommodation in 44 cabins in 11 coaches that are named after dynasties that ruled the region.It also has two restaurants, a lounge bar, and conference, gym and spa facilities.It has on-board Wi-Fi connectivity, and satellite antennae providing live television service in the cabins.
It has two itineraries.
- Pride of the South is an 8 day itinerary covering Bengaluru, Mysore, Nagarhole National Parkx, Hassan, Karnataka, Belur and Halebidu, Hospet and Hampi, Pattadakal and Badami, and Goa.
This includes a city visit of Bangalore, meeting the wild in Rajiv Gandhi National Park in Kabini, the opulent palaces of the Maharajas of Mysore, the monolithic statue of Gomateshwara in Shravanabelagola, the temple complexes of Belur and Halebidu, the ruins of Hampi-a UNESCO world heritage site-and the caves temples of Badami.For leisure and sightseeing you will then be off to the beach-side paradise of Goa, before heading back to Bangalore.
- Splendor of the South has an 8 day itinerary covering Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Pondicherry. i.e Bangalore, Chennai, Pondicherry, Tanjavur, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Alleppey and Kochi and return to Bangalore.City visit of Bangalore, sightseeing at Mamallapuram,a visit to the laid back former French colony of Puducherry, the famous temples in Tanjavur,the ancient city of Madurai, and the southernmost tip of mainland India, Kanyakumari where two seas meet are the highlights of your trip. You will also visit the beaches of Kerala and enjoy a houseboat ride in the backwaters before heading back to Bangalore.
Palace on Wheels was the first in its kind of luxury trains in India and it has gone through a complete revamp in 2009 with a new decor, itinerary and cuisine.There are 14 coaches in the train. Each is named after former Rajput states and matches the aesthetics and interiors of the royal past. It has an 8 day itinerary covering Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur and Chittaurgarh, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra. The journey starts and ends in New Delhi. Jaipur-the Pink city– is a famed tourist destination for its palaces and heritage hotels. The erstwhile princely states of Sawai Madhopur and Chittaurgarh , Udaipur , Jaisalmer and Jodhpur presents the testimonials to a past in its beautifule placaes and forts. You have two wilderness trails in the itinerary in the Ranthambore national park in Sawai Madhopur and the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary in Bharatpur. A detour to Agra in Uttar Pradesh to view the world famous Taj Mahal completes the experience.
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels takes you through a seven day tour of the vibrant Rajasthan as well as the Khajuraho temples in Madhya Pradesh and the holy city of Varanasi and the famed Agra in Uttar Pradesh. The itinerary covers Delhi, Jodhpur, Udaipur,Chittorgarh,Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Khajuraho, Varanasi and Agra before dropping you off at Delhi.You will experience some of the most beautiful places and forts in Rajasthan, marvel at the intricately carved statues of the Khajuraho temples, and visit that everlasting monument of love – Taj Mahal. You will also meet the big cats at the Ranthambore National Park in Sawai Madhopur. The train itself has a library, business Center, board Room and fitness Center and 13 deluxe coaches.
The luxury train Deccan Odyssey offers 10 itineraries covering Mumbai, Aurangabad, Tadoba, Ajanta, Nashik, Kolhapur,Goa,New Delhi, Sawai Madhopur(Ranthambore), Agra, Vadodara, Shirdi, Badami, Aihole,Pattadakal, Bijapur,Hyderabad,Nagzira, Bhavnagar,Sasan Gir, Little Rann of Kutch, Modhera, Ahmedabad and Sanchi.Deccan Odyssey comprises of 21 luxuriously appointed coaches. Out of these 21 coaches, 11 are to accommodate guests and the rest are used for different purposes such as dining, lounge, conference car and health spa.
- Maharashtra Splendor is a week long tour covering Mumbai, Ellora caves and Bibi ka Maqbara in Aurangabad, Tadoba Tiger Reserve,Ajanta caves, a champagne tour in Nashik, the cultural and architectural marvels of Kolhapur and culminating in a leisurely day at the beaches of Goa before yoru journey back to Mumbai.
- Indian Odyssey is a tour of 8 days and 7 nights from delhi to Mumbai,covering Ranthambore national park, the famous Taj Mahal and Agra Fort in Agra, the majestic palaces of Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur, the palaces and Lake Pichola in Vadodara.
- Golden Treasure Starting from Delhi , this trip of 4 days takes you to the Taj Mahal and other architectural wonders in Agra, Ranthamore national park and to the pink city- Jaipur. The journey ends in Delhi.
- Soul Quest is a short tour of 3 days from Mumbai to Shirdi, the abode of Sai Baba, one of India’s most revered saints.
- Spiritual Sahyadri is a tour of 5 days covering Mumbai-Nashik-Shirdi-Mumbai traversing Sahyadri Mountains.In Nashik, you can visit Trimbakeshwar Temple, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Jewels of the Deccan covers Mumbai-Badami-Hospet-Bijapur-Hyderabad-Mumbai in 8 days. You will see the rock-cut caves of Badami, the ruins of erstwhile Vijayanagara empire and Deccan sultanate in Hospet and Bijapur and the GOlconda fort in Hyderabad among others.
- Maharashtra Wild Trail You get a sight of the spectacular wilderness of Maharashtra in Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary and Tadoba Tiger Reserve. The UNESCO world heritage sites of Ajanta and Ellora are also incluyded in this 8 day trip.
- Hidden Treasures of Gujarat – This is a weeklong tour to vibrant Gujarat and will cover the famous destinations of Vadodara, Rann of Kutch, Ahmedabad,the World Heritage Site of Champaner-Pavagadh, historic monuments at Palitana and Modhera and see the only surviving wild population of Asiatic Lions at Sasan Gir Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Indian Soiree – The 8 days and 7 nights ‘Indian Soiree’ itinerary from Mumbai to Delhi will take you across some of the best destinations in North, West and Central India. You will sightsee the Ajanta caves, the Buddhist city of Sanchi, meet the tigers in Ranthamore national park,the palaces of Jaipur and Fatehpur Sikri and the marvels of Agra.<.li>
- Indian Sojourn In 8 days from Delhi to Mumbai, you will cover Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, Jaipur, Agra, Sanchi and the caves of Ajanta and Ellora.
Indian Railways also has few luxury trains catering to the leisure tourists. Maharaja’s express is foremost of these uber-luxury train services. Apparently the most expensive luxury train in the world, offers five aptly itineraries between the months of October to April.
- Gems of India – This is a a 4 day itinerary covering Delhi, Agra , Ranthambore and Jaipur and back to Delhi. The highlights include a visit to the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Ranthambore national park. The tourists also have many optional activities to chose from.
- Treasures of India – This is a a 4 day itinerary covering Delhi, Agra , Ranthambore and Jaipur and back to Delhi.
- Indian Panorama Journey covers 2307 Kms in 8 days for through Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Gwalior – Orchha – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Lucknow – Delhi. You will visit the palaces of Jaipur, Ranthambore national park, the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri and the eternal symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. Also included in the trip are the Khajuraho temple, the holy city of Varanasi, the Saranath ruins and the city of Lucknow.
- Indian Splendour is an 8 day journey covering Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Balasinor – Mumbai -(Covering 2767 Kms). You will be seeing the Taj Mahal and the forts of Rajasthan to end your journey in the financial capital of India.
- Heritage of India is an 8 day itinerary covering Mumbai – Ajanta – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi. Ajanta caves, an UNESCO World heritage site, has monuments dating from 2nd century BC.
The itineraries apart, the trains has two dining cars designed for full five dining service. A dedicated bar carriage, the Safari Bar, offers wines, liqueurs, spirits and beers along with snacks and starters and a lounge cum bar called the Rajah club equipped with a multilingual library and board games offers a casual lounge experience.LCD televisions, eco-friendly toilets, direct dial phones, DVD player, internet, individual climate control and electronic safes are available in each guest cabin.